This bounty will deploy a PoolTogether Prize Pool to Optimism. This is in support of Project: Optimism.
Optimism is an Ethereum L2 with significantly lower transaction costs than Ethereum. Our Ethereum users will be able to migrate their funds to Optimism to take advantage of lower fees.
Additionally, Optimism is launching an incentive program for dapps. By deploying, PoolTogether will become eligible to receive incentives.
The original PoolTogether V4 launch architecture is a good fit for Optimism. We will need to use an oracle to push draws to the chain, so the original Polygon deployment can be adapted (with a few changes) to Optimism.
There are two sets of deliverables for this bounty, and an expectation to support other contributors until the project has been delivered.
The deliverables will occur in two stages:
- a testnet deployment
- a production deployment.
There will be a gap in time between the testnet deployment and the production deployment. After the testnet is deployed, the other team members of Project: Optimism will start building. Once the whole team is ready to deploy, then the production deployment will continue.
The PoolTogether v4-testnet is the project that allows us to spin up testnet deployments. This is the project that the contributor will need to update.
- Add deployment script for Optimistic Kovan
- Deploy contracts to Op. Kovan
- Verify contracts
- Submit PR to v4-testnet repo.
The contributor will need to work with the rest of the Project: Optimism team to ensure they are able to work with the testnet.
- Deployment script must be
- Make sure the network has the correct yarn commands, as with other networks. See package.json.
The testnet should use the Aave V3 Optimistic Kovan USDC yield source.
Optimism will require an off-chain oracle for Draws, so we will need to use the Timelock contracts to provide a safety buffer.
After the Project: Optimism team has the testnet working end-to-end, it will be time to deploy the official production prize pool to Optimism mainnet.
The prize pool deployment will be the same as the above, with some notable changes:
- The owner of all contracts will be the Executive Team. You can reach out to the exec team on Discord using the
- The yield source will be bound to the Aave V3 USDC lending pool.
- Do not configure the Draw or PrizeTiers; the executive team will handle those.
- Experience deploying contracts with Hardhat
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of PoolTogether architecture
Kames and Pierrick will be reviewing the submission and are available for mentorship.
Total: $4200 USDC + 500 POOL
Estimated Time: ~3 days
- 50% will be paid after the Optimism-Kovan deployment
- 50% will be paid after Optimism-Mainnet deployment
Payout will be at full discretion of the reviewers. The requirements of the bounty and expectations of the reviewers must be met for the contributor to receive payment. It’s recommend to be in regular communication with the Bounty manager.
Referral Reward: 100 POOL
Know someone that can do it? Connect us with a qualified candidate. If that person is selected to complete the bounty, then you will be paid upon successful bounty completion. Reach out to Brendan for more info.