- PoolTogether is uniquely qualified for gamification where other protocols are not
- POOL token utility is lacking ( especially on Polygon )
- Current mainnet POOL utility in pPOOL is inflationary
- PoolTogether v4 specific actions are underleveraged
- PoolTogether has over 4 million USDC
Staking POOL tokens earns players SWIM points per POOL token staked per day. These SWIM tokens can then be used at the PoolTogether Marketplace ( Concession Stand? ) to acquire extra chances of winning in the upcoming daily draw.
- The protocol will deposit USDC into v4
- The amount of chance to acquire will be fixed amount per day based on the amount the protocol deposits
- This adds a game utility to the POOL token and specific to v4 new delegate action
- This is not inflationary where staking more POOL gets you more POOL is
- Adds POOL token utility to Polygon
Limitations of delegate action
As far as I understand the delegate action is limited in a way that it only allows delegation to one address. If true this is a obvious problem since the idea would be to allow multiple addresses (players) to acquire a specific amount of chance, say 10,000 PTaUS worth of chance boost, from the protocols deposit.
SWIM points: centralized vs decentralized
There are pros and cons to each. The centralized way would be more of a traditional backend and the SWIM points are internal to the system only. Whereas, the decentralized way is SWIM points are their own erc20 token that can be claimed.
Taken from the governance forum