What is a bounty? A bounty is a well-defined task that improves the protocol and can be completed by anyone for compensation.
How are bounties made?
- User has an idea
- Community refines ideas
- Team creates bounties from pool of ideas
- Contributor applies to complete bounty
- Team approves contributor application
- Contributor completes bounty
- Team pays out contributor
A bounty has a life of it’s own.
Going through multiple stages: ideation, refinement and execution.
Step 1: User has an idea
- Post a new feature request or bounty idea on Canny
Step 2: Community refines ideas
- Submit feedback on the Canny post.
- Upvote high-values ideas and requests.
Step 3: Team creates bounties from pool of ideas
- Write a bounty using the V1 Bounty Template
- Reserve funds for the bounty estimated budget
- Publish bounty on Dework Kanban Board
Step 4: Contributor applies to complete bounty
- Join the #bounties Discord channel and post a message declaring your interest in a bounty.
- Share with the community why they are a good candidate for the bounty.
Step 5: Team approves contributor application
- Have a conversation with a Bounties Team member to get Role and Credentials.
- Get approved to complete official bounties in the Dework platform
Step 6: Contributor completes bounty
- Check in with the Bounties Team weekly
- Be pro-active on possible roadblocks and transparent in the process
Step 7: Team pays out contributor
- Bounty Team reviews the finished work
- Contributor gets paid directly via Dework