Welcome to our Coordinape circle, Pooler! 🎉
This guide helps you to get started. The steps to participate as a member in our PoolTogether circle are simple:
Set up your profile
If you are using Coordinape for the first time, you have to set up your profile first. We recommend using the same name/PFP in Coordinape as the one used in PoolTogether Discord to make it easier for others to recognize you.
Your profile is consistent between Circles; if someone shares a Circle with you, they can view:
- Your Circle membership
- Your recent Epoch statements
- Your biography
- Your skills tags & links.
Opt-in or out
At the start of each circle, you are asked to opt- in or out of receiving GIVE. Are you planning to actively participate in the next epoch? Opt in!
If you are receiving funding elsewhere or have no time to contribute currently, please opt-out.
Opt-Out: If you Opt-Out, you are signaling that you have other income streams or haven’t been able to contribute, and Coordinape should not compensate your work. It will be impossible for others to give to you.
Opt-In: If you Opt-In, you will be able to receive GIVE. Use the Epoch Statement to detail why.
Settings: You can change settings throughout the Epoch or future Epochs by accessing your profile on the Allocate Page to change your status. If you opt-out after receiving GIVE during an epoch, any GIVE you have accrued will return to the senders.
Record your contributions
To help others better understand what you were working on during the epoch, it is important to record your contributions. Your contributions show up when others are allocating to you.
If you already receive any form of compensation you have to disclose in your epoch statement.
- Enter your contributions regularly to Coordinape so you don’t forget about it.
- Better overshare than undershare! Let others judge the impact of what you did, no matter how big or small.
- The Epoch statement can function as a TLDR of all of your contributions.
How to add a contribution:
- Click Add Contribution from the Overview page
- Click Add Contribution on the Contribution page
- Enter your contribution and wait for the autosave indicator to say changes saved!
Every epoch, you can allocate GIVE and share notes with your Co-Poolers. Coordinape will reflect these allocations and notes in real-time as they are saved. The recipients are the only ones who can see the allocated amounts and notes. You can adjust these gifts and notes as long as the epoch is active.
Considerations for awarding GIVE
- Impact: You can allocate to circle members who deliver work that positively impacts the betterment of PoolTogether
- Cooperation: How often does this person show up? You can allocate to others who show up often and provide valuable feedback.
- Effort: You may consider rewarding Poolers who have taken many steps to complete a task or worked through unique challenges.
- Passion: Is this Pooler aligned with the mission of PoolTogether? You can consider the level of passion and enthusiasm someone brings to the pool.
When the epoch ends all un-given GIVE tokens are “burned”, increasing the per-token-worth of the allocated GIVE tokens.
The purpose of our gift circle is to reward all the ways value is brought to PoolTogether. Over the course of an epoch, all members are encouraged to distribute their GIVE tokens to other members using whatever logic makes sense to them.
Use your own judgment in allocating your GIVE. In general, give them when you have a first-hand experience of people creating value. If you are working with someone on a project and you think they did a good job, allocate some GIVE!
Try not to allocate GIVEs based on who is “supposed” to get them or based on hype. Give them where you see value happen. Give them to people that help you or PoolTogether. Don’t worry too much about getting the numbers right, go with your heart.
Each GIVE token represents a percentage of the payroll budget. At the end of each epoch your GIVE is turned into uGMI.
uGMI is a KPI options token. It grows in value as protocol TVL increases. At the end of every quarter, the uGMI can be redeemed for POOL tokens.
Previous uGMI options can be redeemed here:
Follow the Rules
- You must have contributed previously to join the Coordinape Circle
- Epoch Statements are mandatory (better use contributions & statements as TLDR)
- Other income sources must be disclosed in the Epoch Statement
In case of non-compliance to these rules a contributor may be manually opted-out for the previous epoch.
Still not enough?
- Check the official Coordinape FAQ
- Ask questions in #coordinape
- Start allocating here