PoolTogether has a thriving global community that many people call their home. Inarguably the protocol is where it is today, because we all are PoolTogether, together. One of PoolTogether’s core values from the start has been to always be fun and engaging.
With this program we want double-down on that and allow you to take over. Help us create better spaces to connect, form relationships, and celebrate being a Pooler.
Introducing community-led events
With the community-led events program it becomes easier to spin up events, clubs, contests, or any other form of community gatherings you can imagine.
Community-led events are planned and hosted by you, the community.
Events can literally be anything, no matter if virtual or in person.
To help you host your event and actively help forming our culture, we curated the initial event guidelines & application checklist. Over the next months will will build out our range of guidelines and helpful resources to help you succeed.
Community-led events are powerful
Community-led event programs are proven to
- form more meaningful 1:1 relationships between community members
- foster more secure environments
- grow beyond scale
- create a ripple effect in community engagement & culture
and much more!
Let’s take Duolingo as an example
A team of 3 people responsible for running 2600 events per month! How do they achieve that? With the power of community! Duolingo leverages their community advocates to help the community host their very own meet-ups, community calls, or events.
Using streamlined processes and actively applying learnings, Duolingo manages to fill the many needs of their hyper-diverse community.
Here is a quick checklist to help you confirm if your event idea makes sense in this community. Some ideas might not be suited for PoolTogether, some bigger ones might be better off being supported by the Grants Team. Reach out if you are not sure!
Events should …
✅ Add direct value to members of the PoolTogether community.
✅ Align with the No Loss spirit.
✅ Be inclusive and open to participate in
✅ Be small in organizational overhead
Events should not …
❌ Offend or discriminate
❌ Have any personal commercial interest
❌ Cost money for participation
❌ Be exclusive to a small group of people
❌ Require excessive budgets
Where do I start?
Right here! 👋
1️⃣ Do you have an idea you want to see?
Share it with others for a temperature check
2️⃣ Are you ready to host? Complete the event application checklist below and reach out to the Community Team to support you. 👇
Event Application Checklist:
- Event Title
- Event Description
- Who is on your event team? (it can be you alone)
- Target audience (ie: Is this an event for a particular part of the community? What’s the topic or theme? Who can participate?)
- Where the event will take place (Twitter, Discord, Twitch, …).
- Start & End times (Make sure to apply early! We can help you find a suitable time, but please plan a timeline)
- Goal of the Event (Why do you want to host the event?)
- How will you measure its success? (ie: # of participants)
- Rules and Fairness Protection (How is this event going to be accessible for as much of the target audience as possible? If prizes are being distributed, how will they be distributed equitably?)
- Announcement and Promo (This should be a link to an article draft to be used as the announcement, and any other ideas for promoting the event)
- Do you already have Community Advocate support?
- Budget (If the event requires funding, clearly state the funds requested, how they will be used, and how/when they will be distributed)
Once the checklist is complete reach through the event application form. The Community Team will coordinate with you to find the best way to implement your event idea with you.
Event Planning Resources
Shoutout to DaBoom, Noxe, BRONDER, TheRealTuna, BRONDEr & Illpo for pioneering community-led events over the last months.