Navigating the PoolTogether Discord Server
The PoolTogether DAO is a big network of individual contributors and teams. Or central hub for daily interactions with each other is the PoolTogether Discord server. Together with the governance forum, it’s a core tool for communication and coordination.
This guide will set you up with some water wings to help you not drown in the flood of information. Let’s go, Pooler!
Not a member yet? Join here.
• Mute & hide channels of no interest • Tailor the Discord to your interests with roles • Threads help to focus discussions & remember done work • Set reminders in #events or simply subscribe to the calendar feed • Slash commands are powerful • Stay safe, be nice & help to help
Mute Channels you don’t need
Our community is globals so a lot is going on at all times. To reduce the noise you can mute channels or even whole categories. Just right-click a channel name and choose
The option to
hide muted channels calms down the whole experience even more and keeps your focus on the things you’re most interested in.
Unlock Channels & Receive Announcements with Roles
Let’s crank up the noise after we just turned it down.
Now that you’ve blocked out everything that doesn’t interest you, you can pick and match from various roles and channels. If you followed my first advice, you know what I’m talking about. If not, follow this link to get you set up.
No one will ever ask for personal information, verification, or seed phrases in public or private chat.
We do our best to keep the waters safe. Still, it’s important to always stay vigilant and be careful. Some common things to look out for include:
- Impersonators of team representatives or helpers
- The sharing of malicious links or files
… and other ways to trick you into signing a transaction or providing sensitive data.
You can help by reporting any funny business in #report-scams.
Stay on top of Events
Get comfortable with Threads
Threads are a great way to branch out on specific topics and focus a discussion around them. They are an open invitation for anyone to join in and participate.
Each Channel has its own threads. You can generally find them behind the
# symbol in the top right corner of Discord.
Threads never get lost and help to capture existing ideas. If a thread becomes inactive, you can always unarchive it by leaving a message.
Slash Commands are a powerful feature that allows users to simply type
/ to pull up a full list of available bot commands. What does this mean?
- Bots are accessible to anyone without needing to remember commands
- Interact with bots without sending an actual message to the chat
Stick to the rules
We don’t ask for much, so that’s the easy part!
- Please treat people with respect and patience.
- Do not spam or scam server members, both in the server or via DM.
- Never send unsolicited links (always ask first).
- We highly value financial safety. Please refrain from price speculation.
Together we want to keep the PoolTogether Discord server the wholesome place that it is: a safe space for Poolers.
Reach out - our community is always happy to help. There are no dumb questions on PoolTogether Discord! Use the #help-channel or just ping one of the active Community Advocates.
See you floating in the pool
Thanks for taking the time to level up your Discord game and therefore the experience of others, too!
Now that you understand our Discord Server, why not learn more about getting involved? 🌊🏆